John is the Broker/Owner of CENTURY 21 FM Realty. Over the course of his Real Estate career John has earned many nationally recognized sales awards and designations. John is a member of the National Association of realtors, Minnesota Association of Realtors and the North Dakota Association of Realtors. Through continued education and sales experience John has earned the Accredited Buyer's...
My Client Reviews
John is positively amazing! He has done so much for our family...He helped us with buying and selling our first home and now has helped us out with building our forever home. If he says he is going to do something, it gets done. He has gone from being our broker to someone that we consider a dear friend. He even bought us a triangle after jokes that we are going to need something to call the kids home for supper! We would (and have) recommend John to anyone who is looking for an honest, hard working broker who has the buyer/seller in his best interest. There are not enough words to say how much we appreciate how much he puts into his work.
Our experience with John, in purchasing our new home, has been exceptional. John understood us from the beginning - who we are, what we were looking for, and our priorities. He has educated us in home buying and as homeowners. John has made the entire process enjoyable. He has been very commmunicative with us, and is always responsive to our questions and concerns. Not only is John a professional godsend, he has an easy-going and friendly personality. We felt comfortable working with John from the outset. We had only purchased a home once before, so we needed guidance and expertise. From our first contact with John, we knew we were in good hands. Highly recommended.
- Specializing in Residential home sales and New Construction
- Having used John Colvin as our realtor with previous sales/purchases, we were extremely comfortable and confident with his service! ~ Stephen Quenette, Fargo
- John was and always will be our first choice as a broker! He helped us with the purchase of the house we just sold and we greatly appreciated him then, as well. We are very much looking forward to working with him as we build our forever home. He has also helped my parents with a few sales and is the first we recommend to anyone. The knowledge he has in the business is very evident and he is always ready with a joke and a smile. John is wonderful - he always made time to answer all of our questions - even the silly ones! ~ Josh and Natalie N.
- Our realtor in Michigan recommended John Colvin to us. We felt we "clicked" with John immediately and that he would be a great choice to work with us. We really felt that he had the experience, local knowledge, real estate knowledge, manner, understanding of our needs, and sincerity to work together as a team. (We were right.) We turned to John often for advice throughout the process and he answered every question with competence and efficiency. We could not have had a better experience or a better realtor on our team. These "excellent" ratings are not an exaggeration. ~ Roger and Nancy Hynes, Fargo ND
My Credentials and Memberships
- Member of the National Association of Realtors
- Member of The North Dakota Association of Realtors
- Member of the Minnesota Association of Realtors
- Member of the Fargo Moorhead Area Association of Realtors
- Member of the Lakes Country Association of Realtors
- Accredited Buyer Representative
- Graduate Realtor Institute
- Short Sales and Foreclosure Resource Specialist
- Selling Residential Real Estate since 1998
Last year we saw headlines about a possible housing market bubble, and many wondered if Americans still felt confident about the value of their homes. Recently, the 2018 Houzz & Home Study revealed: "Homeowners with mortgages have seen their home equity more than double since 2011, increasing to a record-setting $8.3 trillion in 2017." The average homeowner gained $16,200 in home equity between Q2 2017 and Q2 2018 according to the latest release of CoreLogic's Home Equity Report. Since 2011 ...
Jan 31, 2019 ‧ Seller Advice
Wow!! What happened to fall? Winter has come and the real estate market has frozen. Sales, pending properties, new listings are all down. So where do we find sunshine in a frozen market? Housing values!The National Association of Realtors announced home sale prices have increased for a record 79 months in a row!In the first 11 months of our local market we have seen a generous 5% increase in median home sale prices. This indicates a good balance of supply and demand. New housing starts in the FM...
Nov 27, 2018 ‧ Seller Advice